I would like to thank the great people at Virgin Australia for helping me find some opportunities to support more features from the Oracle database. Together we identified that I was incorrectly handling ROWID which I fixed in 2.9. With that release, I thought I would also make the support of an Oracle INTEGER better only to realize that I was already handling it in the optimum way so I fixed that problem in 2.9.1. Lastly, I am now support dollar signs for source instance, database, schema, and table names which is the 2.9.2 release.
Here is a link to the updated Administrator’s Guide which removes the known issue about a dollar sign in the password.